My name is Irie, I am a pit bull and this is my story.

I was born on January 29th 2012 about 60 miles west of Las Vegas in Pahrump, Nevada. At least this is what my travel papers say.
I’d like to think of myself as a Las Vegas dog because this is where I boarded my flight to Florida.
That’s right; on May 2nd I left Las Vegas at 7 o’clock in the morning…way too early for a 3 month old who I might add is not a morning dog. My breeder, his name is Patrick; he is a human, bought me a new condo and gave me a couple of towels to take with me for the trip. It was a long, long trip (about 15 hours in human time) and I don’t really like to talk about it because it was not a pleasant one. The airlines delayed my arrival by about 3 hours, I was hungry, I had nowhere to go to the bathroom, I had no toys, no brothers, no sisters…the only thing that kept me from crying was the thought that Patrick said a very nice couple of humans will be waiting for me at the end of the trip and they will bring me in their home and give me everything I ever wanted, including lots of love. So, a lot to look forward to. Not that anything was wrong with living with Patrick and Angie(the female human married to Patrick) but it is very hard to be an Alfa dog when there are so many other great specimens already in charge.

By the way, these are some of my relatives from Nevada, this is where I was born:
pure power kennel

See, that’s what I’m talking about: they are some of the most impressive specimens of pit bulls in America. You can see more photos of them if you go to their page on Facebook: click here.

So, sure enough, I landed in Fort Myers, Florida late at night, I was rushed through the check-out really quickly like a special dog, apparently the two humans have already made arrangements because they knew I will be exhausted and they did not want me to wait any longer…I was brought onto a very large concrete field (it turns out it was a parking lot with a lot of lights on), they opened the door of my condo and let me out onto the ground where I was finally able to run around and greet them properly. They were nice, a little awkward, I guess they did not really know what to do at first but then when I reached out and gave them both a kiss they felt at ease and started to hug me and give me water and a little bit of food.
I was so excited; I did not really need anything. I was just happy that that my poor little feet finally hit the ground and I met my new family.